Academic Employee ID Card
Academic Full-Time and Part-Time Faculty/Staff
University Faculty and Staff are entitled to an initial ID Card with a waived fee. You should upload your photo and complete the ID Card application as part of your orientation process. Follow UVA HR's Onboarding and Orientation guide to keep track of tasks.
Academic Wage/ Temporary Employees and Non-Paid Employees
An email must be sent from an authorized person in the department (human resources or supervisor) to [email protected] with the name, computing ID, expiration date (MM/DD/YYYY, maximum of four years), and FDM Worktags. Please send FDMs as a PDF attachment from the FDM validator. There is a $20 fee for the ID Card.
Contracted EmployeesPrior to obtaining an ID card, the following two steps must be completed:
- An authorized person in the sponsoring department (human resources or supervisor) must complete a sponsored account request.
- Once confirmation has been received that the account has been created, an email must be sent from an authorized person in the sponsoring department (human resources or supervisor) to [email protected] with the name and computing ID. There is a $20 fee for the ID Card. If sponsoring department is paying, please send FDM Worktags as a PDF attachment from the validator, FDM validator. If contractor is paying, please provide company name to be invoiced.
Retired employees are eligible for a University Retired ID Card upon verification in the University’s HR system. If there is an existing ID card, it should be turned in to the employee's department at the time of the off-boarding process. The department should cut a slit in the card in halfway from the bottom up, and mail it to the address on the back of the card. A retired ID card will be issued upon request
What Do I Need?
A valid government-issued photo identification is required to obtain your University ID card.
- Valid Forms of Photo ID
- U.S. Driver's License issued by DMV
- U.S. Identification Card issued by DMV,
- U.S. Permanent Resident Card
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Card
- U.S. Green Card
- U.S. Military ID Card
- Passport book
Note: Driver's License's stamped "void" and Passport "cards" cannot be accepted. See here for Information on obtaining a U.S. Driver's License or U.S. Photo Identification card from DMV.
Important: The name on your government-issued photo identification must match the name in the University's database exactly.