FIRST TIME STUDENT ID: Log in and upload your passport-style photo here; upon review and approval, a confirmation email will be sent to your UVA email account.
- First-Year Student IDs - will be distributed as part of your scheduled Move-In with Housing and Residence Life.
- Returning Second Year & Transfer Students Living On-Grounds - students who do not already have an ID, will receive their ID as part of Move-In with Housing and Residence Life.
Third & Fourth Year Students Living On-Grounds - students moving on-Grounds August 21-22 (Sat/Sun) needing a replacement ID, must submit an application for a replacement Academic ID and schedule an appointment with the Academic ID Office. The Academic ID Office will have special hours over move-in weekend from 9 a.m. to 3 p,m. each day.
- Returning Students (Transfer & Second Year) Living Off-Grounds - Beginning July 26th, first-time IDs may be picked up from the Academic ID Office at 525 McCormick Rd, without appointment. Must present a valid government issued photo ID.
- Graduate Student IDs - A photo must be uploaded by no later than July 25th for the advance production of your ID. Many Graduate programs distribute IDs as part of their orientation schedule; check closely for communications from your school and/or program on where to obtain your ID. Those Graduate IDs not being distributed by the respective school, can be picked-up at the ID Office without appointment, beginning Monday August 2nd. The Academic ID Office is located at 525 McCormick Road. Presentation of a valid government issued photo ID is required.
ALL OTHER ID NEEDS (Replacement IDs, Faculty, Staff and Other IDs): The University Academic ID Card Office is open by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please see our ID Card Information page. The Academic ID Office is located in the Observatory Hill Dining Hall at 525 McCormick Road. Short-term parking is available on McCormick Road using the ParkMobile app.
The University of Virginia Academic Identification (ID) Card combines many features all on one card. Some of the features include:
- Library Circulation Privileges
- Building Access
- Meal Plans
- Flex Dollars (student only)
- Cavalier Advantage Access to University services (laundry, vending, Newcomb Post Office)
- Student Health facilities (student only)
- Access to recreational facilities
- Charge privileges at University Bookstore locations (student only)
- Admission to athletic events (student only)
- University Transit