FIRST TIME STUDENT ID: Log in and upload your passport-style photo here; upon review and approval, a confirmation email will be sent to your UVA email account.
FOR ACADEMIC ID NEEDS (NON-HEALTH SYSTEM IDs):
- First-Year & Transfer Student IDs - will be distributed as part of your Summer Orientation Check-In process based on your scheduled session through Orientation & New Student Programs.
- Graduate Student IDs - Unless directed otherwise by your school, a photo must be uploaded by no later than July 18th for the advance production of your ID. Many Graduate programs distribute IDs as part of their orientation schedule, so please check closely for communications from your school and/or program on where to obtain your ID if you do not have already have an ID. If you are a readmitted student and still have your prior ID, there is no need for a new ID. Your existing ID will work upon the start of your program. If you wish to obtain an updated ID for your Graduate readmission, please upload an updated photo. For those Graduate IDs not being distributed by the respective school, the ID's can be picked-up at the ID Office without appointment, beginning Monday, August 1st. The Academic ID Office is located at 525 McCormick Road. Presentation of a valid government issued photo ID is required.
- Returning Undergraduate Students Living On-Grounds Needing a Replacement ID- Move in is scheduled for August 20 - 21; Needs for a replacement ID require submission of an application for a replacement Academic ID and scheduling of an appointment. The Academic ID Office will have special hours for move-in weekend of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Any Other First-Time ID Needs - May be picked up from the Academic ID Office at 525 McCormick Rd, without appointment. Must present a valid government issued photo ID.
- All Other ID Needs (Replacement IDs, Faculty, Staff and Other IDs): The University Academic ID Card Office is open by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please see our ID Card Information page. The Academic ID Office is located in the Observatory Hill Dining Hall at 525 McCormick Road. Short-term parking is available on McCormick Road using the ParkMobile app.
The University of Virginia Academic Identification (ID) Card combines many features all on one card. Some of the features include:
- Library Circulation Privileges
- Building Access
- Meal Plans
- Flex Dollars (student only)
- Cavalier Advantage Access to University services (laundry, vending, Newcomb Post Office)
- Student Health facilities (student only)
- Access to recreational facilities
- Charge privileges at University Bookstore locations (student only)
- Admission to athletic events (student only)
- University Transit