Student ID Cards

Student ID Cards

A University of Virginia Student is eligible for a University Student ID Card if they are enrolled in a degree program or a summer session program. There is no fee charged for the initial ID card. The privileges associated with the ID card are based on tuition and comprehensive fees paid by the student.

Students in the School of Medicine and the School of Nursing who need access to medical facilities are provided a UVA Health ID Badge by the UVA Health ID Badge Office. Call 434-982-4009 or email for more information. 

All ID cards are the property of the University of Virginia and are provided for appropriate use for identification and access to services on-Grounds. The ID card is not transferable and is valid as long as the holder continues his/her specific affiliation with the University of Virginia. Any misuse, alteration or fabrication of the ID card will subject the holder to disciplinary action by the University.

A valid government issued photo identification is required to obtain your University ID card.  Forms of ID include U.S. Driver’s License issued by DMV, U.S. Identification Card issued by DMV, U.S. Permanent Resident/U.S. Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Green Card, Passport book or a U.S. Military ID Card. Note: Driver's License's stamped "void" and Passport "cards" are unable to be accepted.  See here for Information on obtaining  a U.S. Driver's License or U.S. Photo Identification card from DMV. Important: The name on your government issued photo identification must match the name in the University's database exactly.  The Office of the University Registrar can assist with needed name changes.

 ID Card Application Form

Lost or Replacement Student ID Cards

It is important to immediately report a lost or stolen University ID card to protect your accounts and privileges.

More on Student ID card replacement