Newly Admitted Students
An application/appointment is NOT required for newly admitted students because IDs are distributed either by your Move-In to on-Grounds Housing or as part of the Graduate Program orientation schedule. You must however, upload an acceptable ID photo. Your ID card will be produced in advance of arrival on-Grounds. An application is NOT necessary for Fall 2021 students as listed below:
- First Year Students – will receive your Academic ID during Move-In with Housing and Residence Life.
- Returning Second Year & Undergraduate Transfer Students Living On-Grounds - will receive their first-time Academic ID during Move-In with Housing and Residence Life.
- Undergraduate Transfer Students Living Off-Grounds - No need to submit this application. Just "Submit Your Photo" below. Beginning July 26th, first time Off-Grounds Transfer students may pick up their ID from the Academic ID Office at 525 McCormick Road, No application or appointment required. You must present a valid government issued photo ID to pick up your UVA ID.
- New Graduate Students - Look for communications from your school/program for information regarding distribution of Graduate IDs.
- Log in and submit your photo using the link below; once your photo is reviewed by the ID Office, you will receive a notification to your UVA email account.