Faculty/Staff/Other ID Cards

Faculty/Staff/Other ID Cards

UVA Health ID Card:  Employees and students of the Medical Center, University Physicians Group, School of Medicine, Nursing and other Academic employees (including Student Health, Police, Security, Facilities Management and select other departmental employees) who are required to wear a UVA. Health ID Badge can call 434-982-4009 or email for more information.  

Academic Full-Time and Part-Time Faculty and Staff receiving benefits at the University are entitled to receive a University Faculty/Staff ID Card. There is no fee charged for the initial ID card. 

Academic Wage/temporary employees (i.e. adjunct faculty, part-time without benefits, post-doc, wage); and Non-Paid employees (i.e. Visiting Faculty and Staff, temporary employees, ROTC) who have been issued a University computing ID may receive a University ID card if needed to access University services.  An email needs to be sent from an authorized person in the department (human resources or supervisor) to [email protected] with the name, computing ID, expiration date, and mode of payment.  There is a $20 fee charged.

Contracted employees working at the University may receive a University Contractor ID Card. An email needs to be sent from an authorized person in the sponsoring department (human resources or supervisor) to [email protected] with the contractor's name, computing ID, company name and mode of payment. There is a $20 fee charged for contracted employee ID cards. 

Retired employees are eligible for a University Retired ID Card upon verification in the University’s HR system. If there is an existing ID card, it should be turned in to the employee's department at the time of the off-boarding process. The department should cut a slit in the card in halfway from the bottom up, and mail it to the address on the back of the card. A retired ID card will be issued upon request.

All ID cards are the property of the University of Virginia and are provided for appropriate use for identification and access to services. The ID card is not transferable and is valid as long as the holder continues his/her specific affiliation with the University of Virginia. ID cards issued to employees and individuals affiliated with the University of Virginia must be returned to the appropriate department upon separation.

Please remember to bring your original valid government issued photo identification to obtain your University ID. (Either your U.S. Driver’s License issued by DMV, U.S. Identification Card issued by DMV, U.S. Permanent Resident/U.S. Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Green Card, Passport book or U.S. Military ID Card. Note: Driver's License's stamped "void" and Passport "cards" are unable to be accepted per Homeland Security.Information on obtaining your U.S. Driver's License or U.S. Photo Identification card from DMV. Important: The name on your government issued photo identification must match the name in the University's system exactly.

ImportantDo not punch a hole in the card. If you do, and it damages the card, a replacement fee of $20 will be charged.

 ID Card Application Form

Lost or Replacement Faculty/Staff/Other ID Cards

It is important to immediately report a lost or stolen University ID card to protect your accounts and privileges.

More on Faculty/Staff/Other Replacement ID Cards