Academic ID Card Replacement

Academic ID Card Replacement

Lost Card

To protect your accounts and privileges, it is important to promptly report your ID as lost which will effectively deactivate and freeze your account(s) and privileges, preventing unintended use. To report your ID as lost, select "Report Lost Card".  If you are unable to report a lost or stolen card online, email or phone the Academic ID Office at 434-924-4508. Please include your full name, computing ID and the last five digits of the nine digit number printed on the back of your card.

You are responsible for any account activity made prior to reporting the loss of your ID card. By reporting your University ID card as lost, your Cavalier Advantage funds, Meal Plan, Flex Dollars, building access and other card privileges are protected.

If you find someone else's ID card, please notify the ID Card Office and return the ID card to the Academic ID Office.

Instructions for UVA Health System employees >>

Residence Hall Access

Open MyDoor smartphone access, available in most residence halls, provides occasional access should a card be lost or damaged. For detailed instructions, see

Replacement Card

Replacements of lost or damaged cards incur a $20 fee, payable at pickup by cash, check or Cavalier Advantage. Cards replaced because of a malfunction or a name change are issued at no charge provided the previous non-functioning card is returned at the time of service.

  • A valid government issued photo ID must be presented when picking up your UVA ID. Acceptable credentials include U.S. Driver’s License issued by DMV, U.S. Identification Card issued by DMV, U.S. Permanent Resident/U.S. Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Green Card, Passport book or U.S. Military ID Card.  
  • Apply for a Virginia Driver's License or Photo Identification card >>
  • Application information will be verified against University data sources prior to issuing any ID card.
  • The person being issued the ID is the ONLY person permitted to use or pick up the card. ID cards are never mailed.

Complete the ID Replacement Request form